When it's hot out, sometimes we just prefer a cold cup of tea. We're sure you do, too. Did you know you can cold brew any tea? Our favorite tea to cold brew is with JAS Organic Sencha, but any sencha or even gyokuro would work.
Cold brew tea takes a little patience compared to brewing with hot water, but the result is a subtler and smoother brew that has less caffeine. It'll also keep in the fridge for several days!You'll need:
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite sencha
- 2 liters of room temperature or cold water
- A pitcher
- A large tea bag you can fill with tea or a strainer
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of tea into your tea bag and close it up (or place straight into the pitcher to strain out later).
- Add 2 liters of water to the pitcher.
- Leave in your fridge for at least 3 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Voila! Your cold brew tea's ready! Pour some in a glass with ice cubes and get ready to relax.