20% off your order. Use code OCTSALE at check out. Discount does not apply to shipping.
For the perfect cup of tea:
- We recommend brewing with filtered water for the best results.
- You will need: a matcha whisk, a tea bowl, a matcha spoon or teaspoon, and a matcha strainer (optional)
- Preheat and thoroughly dry your matcha bowl and whisk.
- Add 2 scoops or 1 teaspoon of matcha to the bowl. A strainer may be used to sift the matcha free of clumps. You may adjust amount of matcha to your preferences.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of hot water (~175°F).
- Lightly press the matcha whisk into the bowl and whisk in a quick back and forth motion until a smooth layer of foam is created.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: The method above is to make usucha, or thin tea. The way to prepare matcha for the tea ceremony is known as koicha, or thick tea.