Kagoshima Matcha Tea Tin110336-T
Kagoshima Matcha Tea Tin
Sale Sold out
Regular price $25.00
Regular priceUnit price per
Matcha is a finely ground green tea powder that is traditionally enjoyed whisked to a delightful froth. Grown and produced with care by Henta in Kagoshima, this matcha is made from the Okumidori cultivar and brews up smooth, verdant, and clump-free. It is sure to impress the pickiest matcha connoisseurs!
Grown by: Henta
Origin: Kagoshima, Japan
Brew Color: Moss Green
Benefits: Energizing, may increase metabolism and help fight fat, contains antioxidants
Flavor Profile: Crisp, grassy, and vegetal
Kagoshima Matcha is also available loose in a resealable bag.
How to Brew:
- Start with filtered water for the best brew.
- You will need: a matcha whisk, a tea bowl, a matcha spoon or teaspoon, and a matcha strainer (optional)
- Add 2 scoops or 1 teaspoon of matcha to the bowl. A strainer may be used to sift the matcha free of clumps. Adjust amount of matcha to your preferences.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of hot water (~175°F).
- Lightly press the matcha whisk into the bowl and whisk in a quick back and forth motion until a smooth layer of foam is created.
- Enjoy immediately!
Note: The method above is to make usucha, or thin tea. The way to prepare matcha for the tea ceremony is known as koicha, or thick tea.