Kagoshima Sencha Tea Tin110376-T
Kagoshima Sencha Tea Tin
Grown in the tea fields of Kagoshima at the Chiran Chuo Estates, this sencha is carefully processed and prepared to produce a very high quality tea for your daily enjoyment. A traditional Japanese tea, sencha has a unique processing method where freshly picked leaves are steamed before drying, then heated to remove excess moisture and rolled into a needle shape.
Grown by: Chiran Chuo Estates
Size: 3 oz. tin
Origin: Kagoshima, Japan
Brew Color: Russet green
Benefits: Multiple steepings, may lower blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol to prevent heart disease and stroke
Flavor Profile: Harmony of complex flavors from grassy to buttery to umami with a slight astringency
This tea is also available loose in a resealable bag.
How to Brew
- Start with filtered water for the best brew.
- Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of tea for every 8 oz. of hot water. Adjust amount to your preferences.
- The ideal water temperature is just under boiling point, between 150-160°F.
- Brew this tea for no more than 1 minute.
- Sencha can be brewed up to 3 times.